Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BlackBerry MDS Simulator

Just cracked how to use the latest RIM MDS Simulator on my Vista box. Install the simulator as usual, and go to the install directory (in my case it's C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulators 4.1.2\MDS). Make sure your user has write access to this directory, otherwise MDS will fail to run. On Vista installs, this directory is read-only for your user (should be OK with XP, though). Now, for the final bit: open the run.bat file and replace the following:

!BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2!

with:

%BMDS_CLASSPATH%;%BMDS_CLASSPATH2%

Now the MDS Simulator works and I can browse the internet from the BlackBerry simulator. When you are done, just press Ctrl-C on the MDS console and then exit it (so eighties, isn't it?).

12 comments:

Wizi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mobi2do said...

This is valid also for Windows 7...

And for the x64 version you have to suffer a little bit more.

Miguel

Cesar Felce said...

It Still crash on windows 7, what can i do?
i execute run.bat and the cmd closes very fast.

NakAttack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NakAttack said...

OMG. It's a miracle that I finally got MDS to work with Windows 7! Thank you so much for posting these instructions!

AnnemarieSchimmel said...

很好啊..................................................

Santiago Leguiza said...

Excellent post, now i can execut MDS in W7. You saved my day!!!! Gracias

消化 said...

找一個懂妳的人也期許自己做一個人懂別人的人 ..................................................

scott.rawls said...

It fixed me and my coworkers problems thanks for the blog!!

Michael said...

Thanks much for posting this fix..you are a life saver !

subscriber said...

I did the change on my Windows 7 machine, but still just exits right after I run the MDS. I'm using the 4.1.4 does anyone have the same issue?

xxxx said...

Thank you SO much for this post. I googled this for so long without any result whatsoever and I finally found this. You are awesome.